Bikestyle Tours is pleased to offer QBE Toursafe travel insurance for you and your bicycle with a special online purchase discount of 15%.
Please note this travel insurance is only available to Australian residents departing from Australia.
QBE International Travel Insurance offers a high level of cover for all areas of travel including unlimited medical and cancellation coverage, the two most important areas of travel insurance. Policies available include:
- Annual Multi Trip policies for multiple trips (up to 6 weeks in duration per trip) within a 12 month period, including travel inside Australia. These policies can often work out cheaper than a single trip policy if away for more than 4 weeks and are essential for the frequent traveller.
- International Comprehensive policies offer a high level of cover including unlimited medical and cancellation cover.
- Elements, a cheaper alternative to the other policies that still offers a high level of protection in the essential areas. Not available for travel to the USA.
Please take the time to read the PDS for each policy carefully to fully understand the level of cover and conditions before purchasing a policy.
If you wish to insure your bicycles under your travel insurance policy for more than the standard cover you may do so by selecting the “specified items” option when purchasing your policy, up to a total of $A6000 per bike, or at any time prior to departure after the policy is issued.
If you have any questions regarding our QBE Travel Insurance policies please email email@example.com
For our North American clients: If you’re having trouble finding Travel Insurance you might like to try Travel Insurance Centre.
The main reasons for travel insurance for most people is to protect a trip cost through Trip Cancellation/Interruption coverage and to provide cover in case of expensive medical treatment being required while overseas .
For further information on why you need travel insurance read this advice from the Australian Dept of Foreign Affairs Smart Traveller website.
Other reasons to consider Travel Insurance are:
- You’re involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. You need medical evacuation.
- Your bags are lost and your medication is in them. You need to have an emergency prescription filled.
- Your passport and wallet are stolen, and you need emergency cash and a replacement passport.
- Unforeseen life-threatening illness, injury, or death of a non-traveling family member or business partner.
- Your principal residence becomes uninhabitable right before your trip due to fire, flood, earthquake, or natural disaster.
- Strike resulting in complete cessation of travel services at the departure or destination point.